Monday, March 25, 2013

Yummy fruity dinner

I made myself a delicious dinner today that I made up myself!!  I was seriously sick of tasting my kale and celery all day long, but was determined to still jam one or the other in there.  I know kale is crazy good for you, so I thought I'd try out some of the pears and grapes I bought to try to cover up the overpowering taste.

Ended up throwing in four leaves of kale, one cucumber, a handful of spinach, two carrots, a quarter of a lemon, two pears and a handful of grapes.  I tasted as I went along too, to see what tastes I was really adding, when.  Starting with just the carrots was surprising... I could make a carrot-centric drink easily!  Who knew I'd like that juice?  It'd be nice to have something not green, so maybe I'll challenge myself soon.

It was an amazing drink, people.  Tasted all grapes and pears, but wasn't too sweet.  No aftertaste.

I thought for sure I'd end up making myself a "treat" of mostly fruits tonight, but I'm good on this.  I tend to be too frugal to let anything go to waste, so I scoop out my pulp and run it through a second time, making my portion sizes bigger.

I did get hungry between meals at work today, but I can't decide if that means I should add in a juice, or if it's normal to just actually feel hungry around the time I'm gonna eat.  Writing that out, I guess it's kind of a no-brainer.  I'm just really used to eating on a schedule, and snacking inbetween, out of boredom or the slightest inkling of hunger, then feeling like a cow after I eat everything in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment